Autor Thema: Books about spiders in South America.  (Gelesen 1584 mal)

Harald Løvbrekke

Books about spiders in South America.
« am: 2021-02-06 23:59:42 »
 Books about spiders in South America. I can't find any books with photographs of South American spiders.
Does anyone know if there are such?

Ulrich Kursawe

• Aktive Mitarbeiter
Re: Books about spiders in South America.
« Antwort #1 am: 2021-02-07 09:50:03 »
Hallo Harald,

I don't think there are many books about spiders of South America that are still in print. I only have these two:

Books.jpg
*Books.jpg (231.84 KB . 800x664 - angeschaut 615 Mal)

They are written in portuguese, but pictures are pictures and they use the scientific names. With a little bit of spanish, one can understand most of the text.

Greetings, Uli

Harald Løvbrekke

« Antwort #2 am: 2021-02-07 21:25:46 »
Thanks for the reply, should try to acquire this

Ulrich Kursawe

• Aktive Mitarbeiter
« Antwort #3 am: 2021-02-08 00:37:12 »
if you don't need them permanently, I can lend them to you. The left one has about 200 pages and is currently only available in Brasil it seems. Amazon-Brasil list it, but I don't know if shipping to Europe is possible. The right booklet is even thinner, only about 150 pages and here in Germany, it can be obtained form chimaira.de:  https://www.chimaira.de/guia-ilustrada-aranhas-di-rio-grande-do-sul-brasil.html. But the price is steep and I don't know if they ship to Norway.
Greetings, Uli

Harald Løvbrekke

« Antwort #4 am: 2021-02-08 18:02:52 »
Thanks for the information.
My wife's brother is married to a lady from Brazil and has settled there. I've been in touch with him, the book is available here and he'll get it for me and send it to Norway.