Autor Thema: Tegenaria hasperi  (Gelesen 4028 mal)

Frits Broekhuis

Tegenaria hasperi
« am: 2017-02-25 15:54:23 »
In May of last year I found this spider in the South of France. Today, I examined it and it turned out to be T. hasperi.

The wiki currently only has pictures of a dead spiders. Maybe some of these pictures could be added as well.

[2016-05-04-c]

Frits Broekhuis

Re: Tegenaria hasperi
« Antwort #1 am: 2017-02-25 16:25:54 »
I also took a picture of the spinnerets, which are very typical for this species, and possibly might help with determination.

Simeon Indzhov

• Global Moderator
« Antwort #2 am: 2017-02-25 16:47:10 »
Hi Frits!
I am surprised about the coincidence - since I found a Tegenaria cf campestris male in a park here in Sofia, I searched through all Tegenaria species and encountered this one in Wiki, remembering it has only photos of preparates - and here you are with your post!

I have some questions as well: could you give habitat type, size, and number of moults it needed to reach maturity with intervals between (it would be interesting to know how fast they develop, at which time of year they mature - unless you examined it soon after its ast moult)? I guess it didn' t differ in lifestyle from other Tegenaria species.
Simeon

Tobias

• Gast
« Antwort #3 am: 2017-02-25 17:58:48 »
Hi Frits,

glad to hear/read from you. Thanks for the nice pictures of this beautiful species.

Tobias

Frits Broekhuis

« Antwort #4 am: 2017-02-25 18:05:46 »
I have some questions as well: could you give habitat type, size, and number of moults it needed to reach maturity with intervals between (it would be interesting to know how fast they develop, at which time of year they mature - unless you examined it soon after its ast moult)? I guess it didn' t differ in lifestyle from other Tegenaria species.
Simeon

Okay, here is what I know:

I found the spider on 4 May 2016, in a concrete crevice under an overpass in the Var district (Southern France). When I found it, it was 5.5mm long. It moulted a day later, and another time one month later. I don't know how many times it moulted between then and now (sometimes I'm lazy ;-)
When I examined her today, she was 9.3mm long.
I noticed she is not as aggressive as some other Tegenaria species; she was a bit more reluctant/shy when prey (flies) were offered.
Hope this helps!

Frits Broekhuis

« Antwort #5 am: 2017-02-25 18:10:41 »
Hi Frits,

glad to hear/read from you. Thanks for the nice pictures of this beautiful species.

Tobias
Hi Tobias,

Yeah, I'm not very active lately. I did take some spider pictures when I was in Houston a couple of months ago; I'll post them this evening too.

Simeon Indzhov

• Global Moderator
« Antwort #6 am: 2017-02-25 18:29:31 »
Thanks for the answers! Of course, any information is helpful :)
I am interested since the species is recorded here, and I am interested in Agelenidae. And your info could be added in the form of an observation in Wiki - especially if more data available.
And, was the overpass in an urban, or in a rather field, or wood area? (Sorry for asking that much :) )
Simeon

Tobias Töpfer

« Antwort #7 am: 2017-02-26 00:08:26 »
Hi Frits,

many Thanks for the great Photos. They are in the Wiki now.

Tobias

Frits Broekhuis

« Antwort #8 am: 2017-02-27 14:07:06 »
And, was the overpass in an urban, or in a rather field, or wood area? (Sorry for asking that much :) )
Simeon

No problem. The overpass was in a rural area with many vineyards, one km out of the nearest village. The overpass crosses a small river/stream.