Autor Thema: Zora silvestris S.spinimana  (Gelesen 1448 mal)

Harald Løvbrekke

Zora silvestris S.spinimana
« am: 2020-11-30 21:27:58 »
Hi
I am now working with some of the Zora species and have looked at Wiki and wonder if two species are not confused.

The photo below stands as Z. silvestris I think it looks more like Z. spinimana, see tibial apophysis

Harald Løvbrekke

Re: Zora silvestris S.spinimana
« Antwort #1 am: 2020-11-30 21:31:17 »
.This one stands under Z. spinimana, could it be Z. silvestris?

Tobias Bauer

• Administrator
« Antwort #2 am: 2020-11-30 22:16:18 »
The first one should be Z. spinimana, thanks.

I don't know about the last one. The retrolaterial view and this belong together. This one seems to fit Z. spinimana. Maybe just a bad angle?

Simeon Indzhov

• Global Moderator
« Antwort #3 am: 2020-11-30 22:59:29 »
And what do you think about this "Zora armillata" (with the according epigyne on the species page)? To me, the broad carapace bands and the lowly emerging copulatory ducts say Zora nemoralis?

And isn't this a typical Zora parallela with the striped legs and abdomen and the thin, broken retinaculum?

Simeon

Harald Løvbrekke

« Antwort #4 am: 2020-12-01 00:54:27 »
Tobia Bauer

I think the last one is right. Z. spinimana should have these powerful hairs at the tip of the palp and I think I can see these

Harald

Rainer Breitling

• Aktive Mitarbeiter
« Antwort #5 am: 2020-12-01 08:57:12 »
In the Wiki there is also a photo of the ventral side of the same male from Norway, and one can see the hair patches on coxa IV, which I guess confirm that this is Z. spinimana, even if the lateral view of the palp is confusing,

I always found Zora very difficult to distinguish, but I think that Simeon is also correct with his concerns regarding the Z. nemoralis and Z. pardalis photos. For the latter, it was originally uploaded as Z. parallela, and I don’t quite understand why this was later changed.

Best wishes,
Rainer

Tobias Bauer

• Administrator
« Antwort #6 am: 2020-12-01 10:08:43 »
Simeon must have written his message while I wrote mine/looked in the wiki.

Should I change the nemoralis/pardalis-pictures?

Rainer Breitling

• Aktive Mitarbeiter
« Antwort #7 am: 2020-12-01 10:30:59 »
It looks justified to me. But perhaps Martin wants to comment first? It also may affect the Bulgaria excursion species lists.
Best wishes,
Rainer