Autor Thema: Some old threads with no ID  (Gelesen 1974 mal)

Raffaele Falato

Some old threads with no ID
« am: 2021-01-23 16:43:13 »
Good afternoon.
First I apologize if I post this thread in the wrong section.
I want to ask a question to the forum Staff: reading the countless threads in the "Determinations" section sometimes I come across requests for ID not fulfilled, but for which I could provide an identification (for example because the spider is common in Italy, or because the same specimens have been determined in my country, or because the spider is in my house etc. etc.). Most of the time these are very old threads (2009, 2010 ...) and I don't know if "bringing them back to life" would please the Administrators.
Greetings.
Raf

Simeon Indzhov

• Global Moderator
Re: Some old threads with no ID
« Antwort #1 am: 2021-01-23 18:25:26 »
Well. I fully support clearing old IDs and have asked for unlocking such old threads, sometimes there are hidden gems which weren't easily identifiable ten years ago, etc. but are identifiable now because of the state of the Catalog and Araneae, new papers and so on.

As I can also open old threads now so maybe write me but first let's see what the other staff members think.
Simeon

Tobias Bauer

• Administrator
« Antwort #2 am: 2021-01-23 22:18:05 »
I see it like Simeon. If this is an old thread with no ID, and there is a clear solution now, it's worth re-opening the thread. However, just guessing about the species is not helpful.

My only additional request would be not to re-open a lot of old thread at once, so the determination board is not completelely flodded.

Tobias

Simeon Indzhov

• Global Moderator
« Antwort #3 am: 2021-01-23 22:26:54 »
My only additional request would be not to re-open a lot of old thread at once, so the determination board is not completelely flodded.

This was my main concern too.

Raffaele Falato

« Antwort #4 am: 2021-01-23 22:30:44 »
So, if I understand correctly, every time I read one of those threads (most of the time it happens to me when I consult the "wer ist online" section) I must first send a PM to Simeon.
It's correct?
Thanks.
Raf

Simeon Indzhov

• Global Moderator
« Antwort #5 am: 2021-01-23 23:00:56 »
Not necessarily to me, to anyone who has admin or moderator powers. I can guarantee for myself that I will most likely respond quickly.